ranta n ravin'

http://two.guestbook.de/gb.cgi?gid=822897&prot=eucbuv

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

Blonde haired, blue eyed Finn,5'11", 160lbs

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Dear Jack 2

Dear Jack/Maija/ Jason Ceming March 24, 2005

I have just been informed your offer of compensation to my Aunt Carmen and Uncle Aime Desabrais.

To say that I am disappointed is an understatement.

I realise that I am not dealing Jack and Maija Trump, but I do believe that a much more substantial settlement should have been offered.

My Uncle Aime will never be the same after this entirely preventable fall. He is afraid of leaving his home on cold days or after a light snowfall due to the fact that regular maintenance is still lacking on the fire lane and both outdoor parking lots. As I have previously written Aime tried to do his own buy purchasing sand and salt to ensure footage to take out his own garbage.

To tell me over the phone that “Jason” your son, and building manager, could not find the “standard” letter for all concerned to sign off on, had no problem finding the “standard” annual rent increase form. Yes the same (and only) son that had to do some fancy fast-talking when my Uncle recognised him from witnessing the condition of their patio the previous summer.

The audacity! Especially when there has been more damage than repair done since the time they moved in.
Where are those almost 7 foot closet doors that kept dropping from their railings? They were promised back in 2 days. That was almost 2 weeks ago. Is this the same sort of promise that will apply to the necessary patio repairs? I have cleaned out the screen from their hot water tap in the kitchen no less than 3 times due to the rust build up. “Someone” was to have resolved this issue months ago. Hire a plumber! There are severely rusted (old) pipes that need to be changed.

I visit City View Gardens on a fairly regular basis (more so now that my uncle is unwell).
I also patronise the small convenience store. This has allowed me to meet many other tenants of the complex.
After hearing my concerns about my uncle, they all say the same. “Maintenance in general has gone downhill or virtually non-existent.” And, I might add “Don’t let ‘them’ (meaning management) get away with this again!”

I initiated all this because of our peripheral relationship as well as the grave concern for my aunt and uncle’s wellbeing.

On one of our telephone conversations I said that I knew you (and Maija) were moral people. I hope I wasn’t mistaken.

Would it change your stance at all if I were to mention that I have photographs and witnesses to the conditions of the environment (parking lot, walkway, stairwell etc…) that my relatives must travel in order to leave their townhouse?

Please contact me via email or by post as I will in and out of town for the next few weeks.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Robert.
Just read your letter and I have to agree with you.. you need to do something about this landlord/superintendant.
If people keep letting them get away with this, haeven knows what other things they can get away with.
You go boy... take care.
Suzette

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it any different thease days?

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, after reading this awesome post i am too delighted to share
my experience here with colleagues.

my website - low energy dogs

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home